Thursday 24 July 2014

Material Obsession

Well, last weekend I had the great pleasure of taking a short trip to the most wonderful quilting shop in Sydney, Material Obsession.
I always get a little overwhelmed when I visit there because every fabric is worthy of a quilt and I just can't make any choices.
Anyway to make it easy for myself I found some little bags of scraps, they were basically organised by colours and at $5 each, I bought 3.
To my immense glee I found that one of the packs I had bought which was a neutral looking bag from the outside, contained some of the most gorgeous fabrics I had ever seen. Some Tula pink and Sarah Watts (even though I did not know who she was before, I certainly do now!)

I decided to challenge myself and with each pack I am going to see how many blocks I can make.

Here is the progress so far with the first bag.

 
And here are the scraps I have left. Still have enough for a few more blocks, I think.

 

 
Now all I have to do is decide how I am going to use the blocks

1 comment: